The pelvic area is a little bit of a mystery. But it seems to be a problem area for me. In particular with glute activation, especially the glute med. I continue to try different methods to activate the glute med efficiently, but as this problem has been going on for a few years now, these exercises are becoming very tedious.
Some of the exercises are:
- Crab Walk with elastic band (forward and side to side)
- Prone Leg raise with elastic band
- Angled side step with elastic band
- Forward Lunge (weighted)
- Side Lunge (weighted)
- Hip Thrust exercise (weighted)
- Squat to below parallel
- One Legged hip thrust (particularly useful in engaging balancing muscles)
- Swiss ball reverse bridge (feet on ball)
At the moment, because doing all these exercises everyday would be time consuming I am focusing on lunges, especially weighted side lunges.